Saturday 31 August 2013

August Beauty Favorites

Refuse to believe that it's the end of August and the Summer is over, it's crazy! Putting my dislikes of reality aside, here's what I have been loving during the month of August.


As you can see, there isn't that much this month and that's because I was on a self-inflicted shopping ban. I can confirm that the ban has been lifted and a trip to Boots has already occurred! (see instagram). Anyway, here's some further deets: 

Moroccan Oil - £30.45 from lookfantastic

Like everyone, I had already heard of the wonders of Moroccan Oil, but for whatever reason I'd never got round to purchasing any until now. I am so glad I have! I've been applying one pump to the ends of my locks all month and I can definitely tell the difference, my hair is softer and nowhere near as dry as before. Also, as an added bonus, my hair seems to blow dry much better with this in, meaning I haven't had to straighten my hair all month. Love, love, love!


Conditioning Nail Polish Remover Pads - £1.50 from Boots

I can't find the exact same ones online, but these have come in really handy when I've been on the go and my nail varnish has chipped beyond repair. You get 15 pads in the little pot and I only use two in total per removal, so these do actually last quite a long time. The other thing I like about them is my nails feel really moisturized afterwards, sometimes nail varnish removers can leave my nails super dry.

Mac Plum Foolery Blush - £18.00 from Mac

I've already done a full review here, so I won't bore you with the details again. All I will say is this is the perfect A/W blush to take your make up from the peachy pastel summer look in one - big love.

Mac Tarnish Eye Kohl - £14.00 from Mac

So, my mum walked into my room a while back and was totally rocking an electric blue eyeliner, which looked insanely good. Skip forward and I am in LA with work and I find myself at the Mac counter (duhs) where I spot the Plum Foolery Blush and this super long eye pencil in dark green. I've been using this to line my eyes all month (see FOTD here) and not only is it a great alternative to black or brown, but the formula is amazing. I will defintely be repurchasing this and it's even prompted me to buy some metallic liners since.


Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo in Pink Gold & On and On Bronze - £4.99 each from Boots

These little pots have been my go-to eyeshadows all month and I cannot get enough of them. Normally when something says 24hrs I think what a load of kitten poo, however these genuinely do last all day long. These have probably been the stand out product for me this month, I just can't fault them!

I picked up On and On Bronze after Lily Pebbles said she wore it, cuz she's gorge. I wasn't too sure about the Pink Gold, but when you blend it onto the lid it creates a gorgeous champagne nudey tone and I have been wearing it pretty much every day to work. If I could get you to try anything next month, try these!


Above: Mac Tarnish Eye Kohl, Maybelline Pink Gold and Maybelline On and On Bronze
I have blended in the colour tattoo eye shadows pretty well, you can create a more dramatic look by packing the product on or including a powder eye shadow over the top - very versatile!

That's a wrap! Stay tuned for lots more more posts this month and don't forget to follow me on all the below links if you want extra. What have you been loving this month? (not that I need tempting by you all!)

3 comments:

  1. I love the Moroccan oil aswell! Great post btw! It would mean so much of you were to check out my blog which is cheapbutchicbeautyat.blogspot.com

    Thanks,
    Courtney x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh pink gold is gorgeous, I have the bronze one and I wore it on a 9 hour flight and it was still perfect, definitely the best cream eyeshadow I've used!
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...